We were proud to showcase the amazing feature film GREEN FLAKE at our festival in October 2020. The audience LOVED this film as you can see in our reaction video above. Such an important film made. It was a true passion project for Writer/Director/Producer Mauli Junior Bonner.
A young slave is sent to trek 1500 miles across country to prepare a path for his slave master. We witness the heroic journey of “Green Flake” who goes from southern slave to western hero.
- Mauli Junior Bonner – Director
- Mauli Junior Bonner – Writer
- Mauli Junior Bonner – Producer
- Sohrab Mirmount – Producer
- Jesse Renney – Producer
- Oyoyo Joi – Producer
- Clotile Farkas – Producer
- Robin Carus – Producer
- Ephraim Vega – Producer
- Case Lawrence – Producer
- Katec Ruiz – Producer
- Rodene R. Jones – Producer
- Russell Topal – Producer
- Michael Bahnmiller – Producer
- Yahosh Bonner – “Green Flake”
- Kevin Goertzen – “Brother Cross”
- Stephen Jones – “Elijah Able”
- Clotile Farkas – “Biddy Mason”
- Malachi Bonner – “Young Green”
- Michaelyn Oby – “Martha”
- Clotile Farkas – Costume
- Meadow Terry – Costume
- Jonathan Keith – Score
- Norbert Farkas – Score
- Katec Ruiz – Trailer
- Charles Willis – Production Design
- Brianna Mirmont – Production Design
Director Biography – Mauli Junior Bonner
Mauli Junior Bonner is a Fist time, Writer, Director, and Producer. His background is in music as a songwriter. After learning about the story of Green Flake, he wrote a song… a 200 page one. Mauli was determined to have his story told through film.
In a time where African Americans were viewed as less that human, a young enslaved man was tasked with blazing a trail across the country for the Mormon Church. I tell this story because it happened and should no longer be silenced. Green Flake lead the largest pioneer migration in American history. This film shows how a man went from Southern slave to Western hero.