In an intertwining story based on true events, three very different men have a part in saving as many babies from war-torn Vietnam as they can.
Corrie: Geoff Mays
Narrator: Olivia Jon
Daly: Shawn Devlin
Jenkins: Allan Cooke
Get to know the writer:
1. What is your screenplay about?
The true story of a maverick airline CEO and a Volkswagen driving hippie, who risk their lives to save discarded mixed race orphans in collapsing war torn Vietnam.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
3. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
To celebrate the human spirit and how ordinary people can change the fate of so many, by doing the right thing at the worst time.
4. How would you describe this script in two words?
Exhilarating and gripping.
5. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
6. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
7. How many stories have you written?
8. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
Thunder Road – Bruce Springsteen
9. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
Initially, my personal, emotional connection to the events and my guilt about being safe while others perished.
Craft wise, learning to enjoy taking notes, evaluating them and then applying them to subsequent drafts where appropriate.
10. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Competitive sports and mentoring people about life choices and making everyone have a little better day by making them smile.
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
Absolutely the best. The easiness of entering festivals and ability to update drafts is awesome.
12. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
The idea of a possible table read of my script was exciting to think about. Also, the proffesional feedback. I believe the note taking process is crucial to getting better. I loved both the positive feedback and other suggestions that were made. Some I already used in the new draft and a few I didn’t. But I feel that feedback should always be embraced and then applied as the writer feels appropriate.
Producer: Matthew Toffolo http://www.matthewtoffolo.com
Director: Matthew Toffolo
Casting Director: Sean Ballantyne
Editor: Kimberly Villarruel
Camera Op: Mary Cox