Genre: Crime, Drama, Thriller
Abigail Sullivan thinks she’s successfully run from her mob past, until the FBI catches up to her and gives her an ultimatum. Help them catch the rest of her criminal family or go to jail for the rest of her life.
Alvarez: Gary Graham
Ryker: James Dooley
Narrator: Val Cole
Brad: John Fray
Abigail: Kelci Stephenson
Get to know the writer:
1. What is your TV Pilot screenplay about?
Family Secrets is about a girl growing up in the mob and deciding to escape and leave that life behind. She starts a new life that is quickly interrupted by the FBI. They give her an ultimatum: help the FBI hunt down amd catch her criminal family, or get thrown in jail.
2. Why should this screenplay be made into a TV show?
I feel like my screenplay involves a different take on the classic mob genre, with relatable characters and exciting action scenes.
3. How would you describe this script in two words?
4. What TV show do you keep watching over and over again?
24 and Justified.
5. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
I’ve been working on this script for about 6 months.
6. How many stories have you written?
Over a dozen different short stories, novels, and scripts
7. What is your favorite song? (Or, what song have you listened to the most times in your life?)
Fast Car – Tracy Chapman
8. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
This screenplay is actually from one of my novels. The challenge was taking a novel and making it visual and for the screen.
9. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Animals and vet care.
10. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
This festival seemed very good and the feedback i have recieved has been very constructive!
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
I really like FilmFreeway. Its great having all my submissions in one place.
12. Any advice or tips you’d like to pass on to other writers?
Just keep writing. It sounds silly, but if you want to be a writer, you have to write. Also, dont be afraid to be criticized.
Producer: Matthew Toffolo http://www.matthewtoffolo.com
Director: Kierston Drier
Casting Director: Sean Ballantyne
Editor: John Johnson
Camera Op: Mary Cox