Genre: Horror, Sci-Fi
A slacker husband (with a child on the way) gets a rude awakening when aliens invade his home and target his family.
Narrator: Carina Cojeen
Miriam: Carly Tisdall
Aaron: Christopher Huron
Cork: David Occhipinti
Bluetooth: Alicia Ryan
Get to know the writer:
1. What is your screenplay about?
Our screenplay RED LIGHT is about a slacker husband with a child on the way who has to save his family from aliens that invade his home and target his family.
2. What genres does your screenplay fall under?
RED LIGHT is a Horror film.
2. Why should this screenplay be made into a movie?
RED LIGHT should be made into a movie because unlike any other alien abduction film ,this story is based on an actual video recorded by a man who was abducted by aliens in this bedroom in 2012. His video is real and we purchased the rights and developed the story with him.
3. How would you describe this script in two words?
4. What movie have you seen the most times in your life?
Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom
5. How long have you been working on this screenplay?
We’ve been working on this screenplay for three years.
6. How many stories have you written?
Between Ted and I, we’ve written 40+ screenplays and three novels.
7. What motivated you to write this screenplay?
Meeting the abductee and learning about the forces behind Ufo and Aliens Conspiracies fueled our desire to craft this script.
8. What obstacles did you face to finish this screenplay?
We like to get a lot of coverage and get as many eyes on the material as we are developing it. At the end of the day… that can drive any writer crazy but we used it to our advantage to see gage how are audience felt about the choices that were made in the screenplay. Finished movies do it all the time with audience testing. It gets every thing on its best footing before goes to market.
9. Apart from writing, what else are you passionate about?
Ted and I are both filmmakers. We like to director as well. It’s something we both do with other projects that we develop separately and together.
10. What influenced you to enter the festival? What were your feelings on the initial feedback you received?
We loved the feedback. Hearing a reader tell us the story we’ve written gives us great insight toward making changes if and when we do so. The chance to hear our screenplay read out load drew us into entering the contest.
11. You entered your screenplay via FilmFreeway. What has been your experiences working with the submission platform site?
We enter all of our projects through FilmFreeway. They have streamlined the process and it makes it easy for us to find festivals that work for us.
Producer: Matthew Toffolo http://www.matthewtoffolo.com
Director: Kierston Drier
Casting Director: Sean Ballantyne
Editor: John Johnson
Camera Op: Mary Cox